The 165- through 200-count lemon market remains elevated due to limited supplies and strong demand. Offshore and Mexican lemons will help fill any ordering gaps.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Lemons are available
- Small-size lemons (165- through 235-count fruit) will be extremely limited over the next 4 to 6 weeks
- Expect to make size and/or country or origin changes to help fill orders for small sizes
- Elevated pricing and tight supplies are forecast for the next four to six weeks
- Offshore fruit will begin shipping in mid-July and run through early January
- The size profile will start off large (95-through 140-count fruit) but smaller sizes will be available also
- The crop is estimated to be comprised of 80% fancy grade and 20% choice grade lemons
- Early season quality is excellent
- Expect higher pricing compared to domestic and Mexican fruit due to high quality
- Mexican fruit will begin shipping in mid- to late July and run through late November
- The size profile will start off small (165-through 235-count fruit) but larger sizes will be available
- The crop is estimated to be comprised of 60% fancy grade and 40% choice grade lemons
- Early season quality is expected to be good (especially strong choice-grade fruit)
- Expect similar pricing to domestic fruit until supplies increase
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.