Imported Navel oranges have begun arriving into both coasts; volume will ramp up over the next three to four weeks. Small quantities of Mexican lemons will begin to ship out of South Texas by mid-August.
- Chilean fruit is being shipped into the West Coast while South African supplies are available on the East Coast
- 113-count and larger pack sizes dominate availability
- Import palletization:
- 80 cases per pallet
- Box weight is 33 pounds
- Domestic palletization:
- 54 cases per pallet
- Box weight is 40 pounds
- Quality is very good: fancy grade fruit is most plentiful
- Supplies are arriving from Argentina (East Coast), Chile (East and West), and Mexico (Texas)
- 72 cases per pallet
- Box weight is 40 pounds (comparable quantity to domestic cartons)
- Quality is very good
- Size is dominated by 140-count and larger fruit; smaller sizes (200- to 235-count lemons) are tight
- Mexican lemons will begin to cross into South Texas in a very limited way by mid-August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.