The season for Markon First Crop (MFC) Idaho Burbank Potatoes will end next week. Field-run MFC Norkotah Potatoes will begin shipping Monday, August 9.
- Remaining Burbank quality continues to be a challenge as pressure bruising and hollow heart issues persist
New Crop Norkotahs
- There will be a split market next week; new crop Norkotah cartons will run $3.00 to $6.00 higher than storage crop Burbank stocks
- U.S. No. 2 pricing will strengthen next week; new crop potatoes exhibit very few defects during the early stages of harvesting producing very few No. 2s
- Minor skinning and excess moisture will be observed in fresh-run potatoes
- Potatoes release moisture as they cool, causing a white surface mold that is easily brushed off
- The white mold dissipates as the potatoes dry
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.