Extremely low temperatures are forecast in Eastern and Southern Idaho for this week and next week.
- Temperatures need to be 18°F or higher for five to seven hours to haul potatoes from cellars to packing sheds
- Suppliers do not haul potatoes to packing sheds when temperatures are below 18°F to avoid freezing raw product
- Expect reduced production and delayed loading; advanced order lead time is highly recommended for order fulfillment
- Many suppliers will utilize onsite storage to cover orders; sizing may be limited
- Expect prices to push upward through the Christmas holiday
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.