Idaho potato harvesting is winding down. Growers will begin to transition from fresh run supplies, to storage Norkotahs next week. Some Idaho sheds will experience a gap between fresh run and storage potatoes. Expect tight supplies and firm markets next week.
New Crop Norkotahs
- Size continues to be dominated by 40- to 70-count packs; 90- and 100-count supplies are limited.
- Quality is good: occasional skinning, excess moisture, and cooler mold may be observed in fresh-run potatoes
- U.S. No. 2 production remains low, as potatoes that would normally meet No. 1 grade are being packed to meet demand for No. 2 grade orders; No. 2 supplies will increase once potatoes are shipped out of storage
New Crop Burbanks
- Limited quantities of fresh-run, packer label Burbank potatoes will be available for shipment next week
- Once the harvest is complete, Burbank potatoes will be cellared in order to go through the sweat process, then will start shipping in early November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.