Ample supplies of large-size (40- to 70-count) Markon First Crop (MFC) Idaho Norkotah Potatoes are available; 90- through 100-count MFC Idaho Norkotah Potatoes are limited.
New Crop Norkotahs
- Quality is good; occasional skinning, excess moisture, and cooler mold may be observed in fresh-run potatoes
- U.S. No. 2 production remains limited, as potatoes that would normally meet No. 1 grade are being packed to meet demand for No. 2 grade orders; No. 2 supplies will increase once potatoes are shipped out of storage
- Norkotahs will begin shipping out of storage in mid-October
New Crop Burbanks
- New crop Burbank production will start next week
- Limited supplies of fresh-run packer label potatoes are expected to become available for shipment the week of October 11
- Once the harvest is complete, Burbank potatoes will be cellared in order to go through the sweat process, then will become available in early November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.