Idaho’s potato harvest is now complete; overall demand is moderate. Expect markets to increase over the next few weeks.
- The harvest is now complete, so growers can control supply levels and hold back shipments to increase prices
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Norkotah Potatoes are shipping out of storage
- MFC Burbank Potatoes are in storage sheds until the sweat process is complete
- Burbank supplies will undergo the sweat process to shed excess moisture after harvest
- The process lasts approximately three to four weeks or until the outer skin is cured sufficiently
- After the sweat process is complete, skins will have a smooth, net-like appearance
- Limited MFC Burbank Potatoes will begin shipping from storage in early November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.