New crop Markon First Crop Norkotah Potato Harvest continues to ramp up. Sheds will be closed on Monday, September 6th in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
New Crop Norkotahs
- While size continues to be dominated by 90-count and smaller, supplies of larger potatoes are beginning to increase
- Potato sheds will not produce orders over the weekend or on Labor Day, Monday, September 6
- Production will be slow on Tuesday, September 7 as sheds will start the week with minimal inventory
- Loading delays may occur
- Markets are expected to begin to ease next week (after the Labor Day holiday)
- Minor skinning and excess moisture will be observed in fresh-run potatoes
- Potatoes release moisture as they cool, causing a white surface mold that is easily brushed off
- The white mold dissipates as the potatoes dry
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.