Markon First Crop (MFC) Idaho and Washington Potatoes are available.
- MFC Burbank Potatoes are the sole variety shipping out Eastern Idaho; MFC Norkotah Potatoes are available in the southern part of Idaho
- Supplies will run through mid- to late August
- MFC Norkotah Potatoes will continue to ship from storage
- Supplies will begin to run out in mid-July, pushing demand toward sheds with remaining stocks in the area
- Sizing in Idaho and Washington:
- 40- through 70-count supplies are limited
- 90– through 120-count potatoes are readily available
- Quality is good in both regions: air checks and pressure/shoulder bruising will be seen sporadically in remaining storage supplies (both Norkotahs and Burbanks)
- Air checks are tiny thumbnail-like cracks caused by stress due to abrupt temperature changes
- Pressure and shoulder bruising (soft, external indents) result from constant contact with adjacent potatoes, or the floor, while raw product sits in storage piles
- Norkotah harvesting will begin in the western part of the state by early August
- Harvests in the southern and eastern areas of Idaho will start in mid- to late August
- New crop Burbanks will enter the market in late September/early October
- Norkotah production will start in late July
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.