Sufficient supplies of Markon First Crop (MFC) Idaho Burbank and Norkotah Potatoes are available.
- Large sizes (40- through 70-count stocks) are extremely tight; 90- through 100-count sizes are meeting demand
- Quality remains excellent for both varieties; pack-outs favor No. 1 quality, with limited No. 2 availability
- Prices are expected to climb as Norkotah stocks wind down through May; Burbanks will be the sole variety for the rest of the season
- Limited Burbank stocks are expected to ship through mid- to late July
- Growers will begin planting in the western region near Boise later this week (planting is on schedule)
- The southern area near Twin Falls will begin at the end of this week (planting is on schedule)
- The eastern side is expected to start production the first week of May (one week later than their normal start date in late April)
- Growers still hope to see spring-like weather throughout the month of April in order to get the crop completely planted by May
- Norkotah harvesting and packing would normally begin in early to mid-August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved