Sufficient supplies of Markon First Crop (MFC) Idaho Burbank and Norkotah Potatoes are available.
- Large sizes (40- through 70-count stocks) are tight; 90- through 100-count stocks are adequate
- Quality remains excellent for both varieties; pack-outs favor No. 1 quality, with limited No. 2 availability
- Prices are expected to rise as Norkotah stocks begin to wind down in late May; Burbanks will be the sole variety for the remainder of the season
- Limited Burbank stocks are expected to ship through mid- to late July
- New crop planting normally gets underway in mid-April
- Snow could delay plantings in some regions
- Growers are hoping to see spring-like weather in April in order to plant the crop by May
- Norkotah harvesting and packing would normally begin early to mid-August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved