Sufficient supplies of Markon First Crop (MFC) Idaho Burbank and Norkotah Potatoes are available.
- Size is dominated by 80- through 100-count supplies; larger sizes (40- through 70-count stocks) are limited
- Quality remains excellent for both varieties; pack-outs favor No. 1 quality, with limited No. 2 availability
- Norkotahs are expected to remain available through late May
- Once Norkotahs are depleted, Burbanks will be the sole variety for the rest of the season
- Limited Burbank stocks are expected to ship through mid- to late July
- Ideally growers would like to start new crop planting by mid-April
- Current snow pack levels across Idaho could potentially delay planting
- Growers are hoping for spring-like weather in April to get the crop planted by May
- Norkotah harvesting and packing would normally begin in early to mid-August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.