Idaho potato demand is strong; expect increased prices over the next several weeks.
- With harvesting now complete, growers are able to control supply levels and hold back shipments; rather than a normal Monday through Friday, five-day work week, many suppliers are taking a day or two off
- Demand from potato processors is also affecting markets; many processors are offering to pay well above the current market levels
- Strong retail demand for Thanksgiving holiday will also add pressure to the market
- 90- to 100-count supplies have tightened
- Smaller potatoes are used for retail packs
- As suppliers regulate raw product for production, fewer small-size potatoes are making their way to packing sheds
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.