There will be enough supply to meet demand through the rest of the 2023-24 season due to higher yields.
- Growers estimate 12.7% more acres were planted in Idaho this year compared to last
- The North American Potato Market News reported growers produced 434.22 million cwt of potatoes this season, about 35.48 million cwt more than 2022 (cwt is the abbreviation for hundredweight, which is roughly 100 pounds)
- The warm summer months contributed to excellent quality and a high pack-out of No. 1 quality potatoes
- 40- through 50-count potatoes will remain limited; 90- through 100-count will be readily available throughout the season
- Steady price levels are expected through the season
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.