Iceberg and romaine prices are rising; yields are low due to inconsistent weather patterns in the Arizona/California desert region.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Romaine is sporadic; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted as needed due to light weights
- Quality is average: freeze-related blistering/peeling and fringe/internal burn are more prevalent than in prior weeks
- Demand is strengthening as supplies continue to tighten
- Industry supplies are forecast to increase in two to three weeks, pending weather
- Expect elevated markets for the next 10-14 days
- MFC Premium Iceberg is limited; MBA is being substituted as needed due to light weights and quality concerns
- Quality is good: epidermal blistering/peeling, growth cracks, and sun scalding are occasional issues
- Supplies are tightening
- Low weights, small size, and fluctuating densities are affecting lots throughout the industry
- Next week’s warmer weather will help promote growth
- Demand is strong; stocks are limited
- Expect markets to rise over the next 10-14 days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.