Iceberg supplies are tight. Markets are quickly rising as growers manage supplies for the duration of the Salinas Valley season.
- Markon First Crop Premium Iceberg is sporadic; Markon Best Available is being substituted due to low case weights and quality concerns
- Erratic weather patterns of extreme heat followed by rain have compounded quality issues
- Bottom rot, mildew pressure, seeder, and sun scald are present in current lots
- Fluctuating densities and light weights are prevalent industry wide
- Impatiens Necrotic Spot Virus (INSV) and Sclerotinia disease pressure has forced suppliers to cut ahead of their scheduled harvests to minimize crop loss
- Expect elevated markets until transitions to Yuma, Arizona and the Imperial Desert, California are completed in mid-November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.