Iceberg markets are fairly steady at extremely high levels.
- Markon First Crop Premium Iceberg is extremely limited; Markon Best Available will be substituted due to low weights for the next two weeks
- Disease pressure continues to reduce yields, causing some growers in the Salinas Valley to finish their season earlier than anticipated
- Overall quality is good
- Inconsistent texture, mildew pressure, and wind damage are being reported
- Elevated levels of pinking may develop in the coming days due to excessive nitrogen from heavy rainfall earlier this week
- Iceberg production is underway in Huron, California; harvesting will continue through late November
- A handful of growers in the Yuma, Arizona region will begin harvesting next week; the majority of suppliers will be fully transitioned the week of November 15
- Expect sustained active/elevated markets through the harvesting transition to the Arizona/California desert region
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.