Disease pressure coupled with cooler weather is reducing iceberg lettuce yields and limiting availability.
- Rain events this weekend in Salinas will also curtail harvesting; Markon is working with suppliers to pack orders ahead of the rain to ensure coverage
- Less than 0.10” of rain is forecast through Thursday, October 21
- 0.25”-0.35” is anticipated on Friday, October 22
- Expect 1-3” from Sunday, October 24 into Monday, October 25
- Quality is good: inconsistent texture, mildew pressure, and wind damage are being detected in some lots
- Expect elevated prices through the harvesting transition to the Arizona/California desert in early to mid- November at minimum
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.