The iceberg market is active due to lower industry supplies and strong demand for West Coast lettuce.
- MFC Premium Iceberg is currently being packed; Markon Best Available (MBA) may be substituted if necessary due to light weights
- Quality in the Salinas Valley is very good; insect pressure, sunscald, and wind damage are present in some lots
- Demand for West Coast iceberg is strong
- Inclement weather in the Eastern Seaboard growing areas is hindering regional supplies
- Supplies in Guanajuato, Mexico remain lower than normal due to unseasonably warm and rainy weather affecting quality and reducing yields
- By design, Salinas Valley plantings are reduced this time of year to offset regional production, further pushing up pricing
- Prices will continue to rise this week and are expected to be elevated for the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.