Hurricane Grace hit Veracruz, Mexico on Saturday, August 21 as a Category 3 storm.
- The hurricane caused minimal damage to infrastructure and packing house operations in the growing region
- Packing houses resumed operations on Monday, August 23 with limited hours
- Curtailed harvesting will continue through this week
- High-quality lime supplies will remain limited
- Scarring and oil spotting are issues being seen due to wet weather and wind
- 23-35% of the crop is being culled
- All sizes are available in Veracruz (crossing into South Texas)
- Lime markets are expected to remain steady through August
Please contact your customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.