UPDATE: GREEN ONIONS
August 25, 2021
The green onion market is rapidly rising. Yields are down due to persistently elevated temperatures in Mexicali, Mexico.
- Ready-Set-Serve Green Onions are available
- Elevated daytime temperatures experienced over the past two months, combined with higher-than-average nighttime temperatures, have lowered yields and accelerated growth
- High temperatures without nighttime cooling relief have led to warmer than normal ground temperatures
- Rapid growth, combined with lower yields, are resulting in fewer harvestable onions in current fields
- September temperatures are forecast to be moderate and closer to seasonal averages
- Expect elevated markets for the next four weeks at minimum
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.