Green onion volume remains low. Freezing temperatures and rains have hindered growth and limited the ability to harvest in Mexicali, Mexico.
- Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Washed & Trimmed Green Onions are available; packer label may be substituted as needed to fill orders
- Prices have tapered off this week but are expected to rebound upwards
- This week’s heavy rains have wiped out some currently mature lots
- Muddy field conditions are preventing harvesting crews from accessing certain hard-hit fields
- Increased dirt is expected in some final packs
- Ordering for quick turns is recommended through the rest of January as stressed plants will have decreased shelf-life potential
- Expect markets to escalate over the next 7-10 days as supplies diminish, then rebound by mid- to late next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2024 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.