The green onion market is poised to rise this week. Yields are declining following elevated temperatures in the primary growing region of Mexicali, Mexico.
- Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Green Onions are available
- Availability is beginning to tighten, following abundant industry supplies during the spring and early summer months
- Elevated day and nighttime temperatures are increasing ground temperatures in Mexicali
- Onions are growing quickly in length, but possess thin/weak stems
- Hot weather is hindering quality and reducing maturity
- Expect elevated markets to persist for the next four to six weeks, at minimum
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.