The green onion market is rising. Persistently low temperatures in Mexicali, Mexico are slowing growth, while labor is tight during the holiday season.
- Ready-Set-Serve Green Onions are available
- Mexicali has experienced highs in the 60s with evening temperatures dipping as low as the mid-30s over the past 10 days
- Approximately 1” of rain is forecast for Friday, December 24 into Saturday, December 25
- This rain is expected to have minimal effect as most growers will not harvest Friday or Saturday; production will resume Sunday, December 26
- Similar cold weather is forecast through the end of the year into January 2022
- Expect elevated markets for the next three to four weeks at minimum, pending warmer weather
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.