Demand for green onions remains strong, far exceeding supply. Industry volume is down 50-70%
- A thunderstorm storm in the primary growing region of Mexicali, Mexico has led to widespread power outages, flooded fields, and hail damaged product
- Harvesting is being slowed down due to muddy and wet fields conditions
- Onions will require extra time to dry before packing; wet onions will be soft and may develop rot and decay
- Loading and transferring product across the border will continue to be delayed
- Expect markets to climb and remain elevated through October, pending additional extreme conditions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.