Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine supplies will continue to meet demand, as the Santa Maria and Salinas Valley seasons begin to wind down and growers transition to Huron, California and the Arizona/California desert growing regions.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf, Iceberg, and Romaine are being packed regularly; Markon Best Available (MBA) will be substituted as needed due to low weights
- Impatiens Necrotic Spot Virus (INSV) presence continues to be minimal, and is not expected to impact supplies, or the market, as the Salinas season comes the end of its 2023 season
- Huron harvests will start in a light way next week, then ramp up the following week
- The Arizona/California desert season will start in early to mid-November; initial quality and supply reports are favorable
- Salinas iceberg production will end in early to mid-November; green leaf and romaine harvests will continue through mid- to late November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.