Green leaf prices are steady at lower levels. Iceberg and romaine markets are higher.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are available
- MFC Premium Iceberg is sporadic; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted as needed
- Salinas Valley yields and carton weights have fallen; inconsistent weather has impacted quality and hindered growth
- Quality is good: fringe burn, internal burn, mildew pressure, and seeder are more prevalent than in recent weeks
- Expect higher iceberg and romaine prices for the next two to three weeks; green leaf pricing will remain fairly steady
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.