Iceberg and romaine markets have peaked, and are poised to decrease into next week. Green leaf markets are steady at low levels.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf is available
- MFC Premium Iceberg and Romaine are sporadic; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted as needed
- Salinas Valley yields and carton weights have improved from recent weeks, but remain lighter than normal due to variable weather patterns
- Quality is good: limited amounts of fringe burn, internal burn, mildew pressure, and seeder are being detected at the field level
- Iceberg markets are anticipated to decline at a more rapid pace than romaine over the next 7 to 10 days; green leaf pricing will remain fairly steady
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.