Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine prices continue to rise. Iceberg and romaine markets are higher than average; expect the same for green leaf.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are available
- MFC Premium Iceberg is sporadic; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted as needed
- Salinas Valley and Santa Maria, California yields and carton weights have fallen; inconsistent weather has impacted quality and hindered growth
- Quality issues such as fringe burn, internal burn, mildew pressure, and seeder are expected to become more prevalent in the weeks ahead, which will result in increased shipments of MBA
- Supplies are sufficiently meeting current demand
- Expect prices to continue inching up; markets will be elevated for the next two to three weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.