Iceberg yields and harvestable acreage are rising. Romaine volume remains stable despite sporadic quality challenges. Green leaf markets are steady to slightly lower
Green Leaf and Romaine
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are readily available; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted as needed due to aesthetic defects and/or lighter weight
- Harvesting crews are trimming heads to avoid insect damage, wind damage, and mildew
- Most lots continue to exhibit some level of internal burn
- Romaine markets are expected to remain at low levels over the next 7-10 days despite strong demand
MFC Premium Iceberg is available; MBA is being substituted as needed due to lighter case weights
- Harvesting crews are culling heads with sclerotinia, bottom rot, and mildew
- Iceberg demand remains focused strongly on the West Coast; limited supplies crossing into South Texas from Mexico
- A general uptrend in harvestable acres in August has kept markets steady to slightly lower
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.