The green leaf, iceberg, and romaine harvesting transition to the Arizona/California desert is nearly completed.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf, Iceberg, and Romaine are being packed regularly; Markon Best Available (MBA) will be substituted as needed due to low weights
- Limited supplies are being shipped from the Salinas and Santa Maria Valleys; Markon branded packs are being harvested exclusively in the desert, as of today
- Quality is very good; texture is ideal but head weights are low in some lots
- Iceberg markets are easing as supplies ramp up in the desert and Thanksgiving holiday demand subsides
- Green leaf and romaine prices are expected to remain steady into December
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.