Supplies of green leaf, iceberg, and romaine are limited throughout the industry due to inconsistent weather patterns in the Arizona/California desert region. Strong demand is pushing markets up rapidly.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf is available
- MFC Premium Iceberg and Romaine are sporadic; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted as needed due to light weights
- Quality is average: freeze-related blistering/peeling, growth cracking, insect pressure, and uneven size/texture are present in some lots
- Demand is strengthening as supplies continue to tighten
- Industry volume is expected to remain limited until Huron production begins in mid- to late March; the Salinas season is forecast to begin in early to mid-April
- Expect elevated prices until the transition to Huron and Salinas are completed
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.