Iceberg prices are falling. Green leaf and romaine markets are slightly lower.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Iceberg is sporadic due to low weights; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed
- MFC Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are available
- Arizona and California desert production continues to ramp up; supplies have significantly improved from prior weeks
- Demand has been elevated for the Thanksgiving holiday but is subsiding this week, further pushing down prices
- Overall quality is very good: mildew pressure and fringe burn is present in some lots
- Expect markets to continue easing as desert production increases
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.