Ample supplies and weak post-holiday demand are keeping green leaf and romaine markets fairly steady. Iceberg prices will continue to ease as supplies increase in Salinas and Santa Maria, California.
Green Leaf and Romaine
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are readily available
- Quality is good; fringe burn, internal burn, and insect pressure are present in some lots
- Markets are expected to remain steady at low levels through July
- MFC Premium Iceberg is currently being packed; Markon Best Available (MBA) may be substituted if necessary
- Weights have increased following a recent warming trend; high temperatures are forecast again later this week
- Markets are expected to continue falling into next week and remain low through July
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.