Green leaf and iceberg prices are easing due to increased supplies in Salinas and Santa Maria, California. Romaine markets are fairly steady.
Green Leaf and Romaine
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are readily available
- Green leaf and romaine quality is good; fringe burn, internal burn, and insect pressure are present in some lots
- Markets are expected to remain steady at low levels through July
- MFC Premium Iceberg is currently being packed; Markon Best Available (MBA) may be substituted due to low weights
- Weights have increased following a recent warming trend; temperatures have cooled but they will increase again next week
- California iceberg demand is moderately elevated as Guanajuato and Querétaro, Mexico, continue to struggle with reduced quality and lower yields following inclement weather
- Markets are expected to continue inching down over the next 7 to 10 days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.