Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine markets are extremely active due to limited supplies.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are available
- MFC Premium Iceberg is sporadic; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed due to low weights
- Disease pressure continues to reduce yields; cool weather is slowing growth and hindering field weights
- Overall quality is good: inconsistent texture, mildew pressure, and wind damage are being reported
- Iceberg production is underway in Huron, California
- Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine harvests will start in the Arizona/California desert growing region in mid-November
- Expect sustained active/elevated markets through the harvesting transition to the Arizona/California desert region
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.