The Arizona and California desert growing regions are winding down for the season. Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine markets are rising as the transition to Huron, Oxnard, and Salinas, California continues.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Green Leaf, Iceberg, and Romaine are available; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted as needed due to light case weights
- Insect pressure has reduced compared to prior weeks; internal burn, growth crack, and seeder have been found in some remaining lots in the Arizona/California desert regions
- Huron, California harvests are underway; Oxnard, California will begin early next week
- Production in the Salinas Valley will begin in mid-April; some suppliers will start iceberg as late as the second week of May due to inclement weather delaying the season
- Initial lots in Huron, Oxnard, and Salinas, California are expected to be packed in MBA due to low weights
- Expect active markets through April; supplies are expected to increase in early May, pushing prices lower
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.