Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine markets are steady at low levels with ample product in the Arizona and California desert growing regions.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Green Leaf, Iceberg, and Romaine are available; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted as needed due to elevated insect pressure
- Growers will make their initial transitions to Huron and Oxnard, California in early April
- The majority of harvests in the Salinas Valley will begin in mid-April; some growers will start iceberg as late as the second week of May due to inclement weather delaying the season
- Initial lots in Huron, Oxnard, and Salinas, California are expected to be packed in MBA due to low weights as temperatures continue to be unseasonably cool
- The Arizona and California desert season will continue through late April, pending weather
- Markets are expected to remain depressed through next week; prices are poised to rise as transition to Huron, Oxnard, and Salinas, California growing regions commences
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.