Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine supplies are increasing in the Arizona and California desert growing regions.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf is readily available out of the Arizona and California Desert growing region
- Quality is very good; wind and lettuce ice damage, on outer leaves, is being trimmed during harvest
- Markets are weaker and will continue to decline in the coming weeks
- Supplies out of Florida are ample and will continue through early April, baring a weather event
- Expect the market to remain weak as supplies pick up in California and Arizona
- MFC Premium Iceberg is sporadic in the Arizona and California Desert growing region; MBA is being substituted as needed due to low case weights
- Quality is good; epidermal blister and peel is being observed in some lots due to lettuce ice events
- Weights have improved from prior weeks, but are anticipated to decline next week due to multiple days of lettuce ice
- Despite continued cold weather, markets are weaker as supplies are picking up and getting closer to meeting demand
- Iceberg is also available in South Texas; prices are slightly weaker and will continue to follow the California/Arizona markets
- Florida supplies are limited and not expected to increase until mid-January
- MFC Premium Romaine is being packed regularly in the Arizona and California Desert growing regions; MBA is being substituted as needed due to low case weights
- Quality is very good; fringe burn and epidermal blister/peel are present in some lots
- Markets will weaken further as supplies pick up in California and Arizona
- Florida supplies are ample and will be available through April, barring a weather event
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.