Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine supplies remain extremely limited; record high market levels are being reported. Suppliers of all three commodities have not been able to fulfill 100% of their weekly contract commitments or regular open market business over the past four weeks.
- Harvest of all three commodities is now underway in Huron and Oxnard, California
- Production in Salinas and Santa Maria, California will continue through early to mid-November; some growers in Salinas have finished for the season
- The majority of suppliers are forecast to harvest their first fields in the desert regions of Yuma, Arizona and Imperial Valley, California the week of November 7
- Some suppliers will begin harvesting iceberg and romaine in Yuma, Arizona at the end of this week
- Quality and weights will vary depending on growing region, field location, and timing of harvest, as growers stretch their production schedule for harvestable product
- Expect lightweight commodity boxes and quality challenges in green leaf, iceberg, and romaine through mid-November, until transition to the Arizona/California desert is completed
- Markets of all three commodities have peaked; slightly weaker pricing is forecast to come as more supplies become available through the transition to the desert regions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.