Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine prices continue to rise due to increased disease pressure and cooler temperatures that have reduced yields and carton weights in the Salinas Valley.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are available
- MFC Premium Iceberg is sporadic; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed
- Quality is good
- Limited amounts of fringe burn, internal burn, and seeder are being detected at the field level
- Mildew pressure is increasing
- Iceberg harvesting will begin in Huron in mid- to late October
- Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine production will begin in the Arizona/California desert by early to mid- November
- Most suppliers are holding contracts to averages
- Expect elevated markets through October
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.