Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine supplies are increasing in the Arizona/California desert and Huron, California following warmer weather. Demand is weaker.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf is available
- Green leaf quality is above average with minimal defects
- Varying levels of insect pressure are affecting most lots
- MFC Premium Iceberg and Romaine are sporadic; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed due to low weights
- Below-normal weights and small head size are industrywide issues, particularly in iceberg crops
- Romaine lots are being affected with varying levels of epidermal blistering and peeling; insect pressure remains a sporadic issue
- Iceberg and romaine volumes have increased with Huron production underway
- The Arizona/California desert season will end in late March to early April
- The Salinas season will begin in early to mid-April
- Markets will continue to inch down through the transition, pending any significant weather events
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.