Green leaf and romaine markets continue to rise due to limited supplies.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are available
- Disease pressure continues to reduce yields, though not as severely as in iceberg crops
- Overall quality is very good: light fringe burn and mildew pressure are present in some lots
- Green leaf and romaine harvests will start in the Arizona/California desert growing region the week of November 8 and will ramp up in mid- to late November
- Salinas Valley production will finish for the season in mid- to late November
- Expect elevated markets to persist through late November at minimum
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.