Green leaf supplies are scarce; romaine supplies are limited. Markets continue to rise as demand grows.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf is sporadic; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted due to low case weights and quality concerns
- MFC Premium Romaine is being packed more consistently; MBA is being substituted as needed due to low weights
- Quality is fair following the recent heatwave and rain events in the Salinas and Santa Maria Valleys; fringe burn, mildew pressure, seeder, thrip damage are present
- Impatiens Necrotic Spot Virus (INSV) continues to affect Salinas crops, forcing suppliers to cut ahead in light weight fields to minimize losses
- Expect elevated markets and limited supplies until transitions to Yuma, Arizona and the Imperial Desert, California are completed in mid-November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.