Green leaf supplies remain extremely scarce; Salinas Valley fields are being further decimated by disease pressure this week.
- Green leaf harvesting California is slowly ramping up in Huron and Oxnard; however, stocks are not sufficient to offset yield loss in the Salinas Valley
- Suppliers are forecast to harvest their first fields in the desert regions of Yuma, Arizona and Imperial Valley, California the week of November 7
- Quality and weights will vary depending on growing region, field location, and timing of harvest, as growers stretch their production schedule for harvestable product
- Expect lightweight commodity boxes and quality challenges including INSV, mildew, and wind damage over the next two weeks
- Supplies of lightly prepped value-added green leaf (Washed and Trimmed and Whole Fillets) will be limited for the duration of the Salinas season
- Markets are expected to remain elevated until the transition to the desert regions is complete
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.