Cabbage markets are elevated. Supplies are limited; demand remains strong.
- The heatwave that California experienced in early September has reduced yields at the field level
- Disease/insect pressure and more seeder core have developed
- Lower yields per acre have significantly reduced availability for processors, driving the general market higher
- Central Coastal and Salinas Valley suppliers are harvesting ahead of schedule to avoid further quality issues
- Expect elevated prices out of California over the next 10-14 days
- Michigan and Ohio are working the last two weeks of the season; poor quality and decreased volume have been reported
- Georgia and North Carolina cabbage harvesting will be starting next week as domestic supplies transition farther south for fall
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.