Green bean markets are extremely active. Supplies are tight however new fall production is getting underway on the East Coast.
- Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Trimmed Green Beans are limited; packer label may be substituted as needed
- Ohio volume is low due to insect pressure and record rain this season
- Production is winding down quickly in New York and Tennessee; quality is average
- Harvesting was delayed in Virginia and Georgia due to rain, but it’s getting started this week
- California’s volume has fallen due to summer heat; new crop Imperial desert harvests are expected to start in late October
- Recent hurricanes have lowered Baja volume; new crop harvesting will begin in mainland Mexico by mid-November
- Expect prices to remain elevated over the next two to three weeks when stocks increase
- RSS price triggers remain in effect
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.