Green bean supplies will be extremely limited next week due to recent severe weather in growing regions. Ready-Set-Serve Trimmed Green Beans are extremely tight; packer label is being substituted as necessary.
- The Tennessee/Kentucky growing region continues to battle low yields as their season winds down
- Early Georgia supplies are light due to rain and cooler fall weather during the planting cycle
- Florida is reporting some crop loss (from Hurricane Ian), that will affect overall supply levels in late November
- Mexican volume remains low due to monsoon weather during September
- California yields are tight this season due to past heatwaves and rain; quality is poor
- The California desert season will start with light supplies October 21
- Expect higher prices and limited availability until new crops in Mexico start to produce in November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.