Green bean supplies are tight. Past weather has affected plant yields and overall quality on both coasts.
- Ready-Set-Serve Trimmed Green Beans are extremely limited; packer label is being substituted as necessary
- East Coast growers are transitioning south to Virginia and Georgia
- Early production is light in Georgia due to past inclement weather during the planting cycle; quality is average
- Hurricane Ian will affect Florida’s late fall/early winter crops
- Mexican volume remains low due to monsoon weather during September
- California has reduced yields caused by past heatwaves and rain
- Quality issues include excess decay on outer leaves, roots, and stems; expect quality to improve over the next 12-14 days as fields recover
- Expect prices to climb over the next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.