West Coast supplies are snug due to inclement weather in Mexico and Guatemala; demand has shifted to the East Coast. Ready-Set-Serve Trimmed Green Beans are available; however, packer label may be substituted as necessary.
- East Coast stocks are adequate; Michigan, Wisconsin, and New York have the highest volume and best quality
- Mexico’s central region of Guanajuato has experienced significant rain over the last two weeks, causing disruptions to harvests
- Quality is reduced due to excessive moisture
- An improved weather forecast should increase volume this week
- The Baja Peninsula is recovering from Hurricane Kay; growers are seeing production delays and accessing damage
- California supplies are limited due to the recent heatwave
- Guatemala experienced disruptive weather in early September; green and French beans will be extremely limited over the next two weeks
- Expect higher prices this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.